I don’t tend to plug Kickstarters here (even for projects I’m involved with) but this one is for the children, sooo
The Providence Comics Consortium is teaching a series of comics workshops for kids at public libraries throughout the state of Rhode Island in May 2013. The PCC will publish an anthology of the kids’ comics along with the work of adult cartoonists, representing kids from all over Rhode Island and artists from all over the world. Funds raised through Kickstarter will pay for materials to self-publish and distribute an edition of five hundred 200-page comic books.
Jesse McManus, Mickey Zacchilli, Brian Chippendale, Chris Kuzma, myself and many others will be contributing work to it. The above comic is my contribution from a previous volume, where the kids assigned me 8 scary teachers to write a 3-page comic around:
1. A teacher with a single very hairy boob
2. A one eyed zombie teacher
3. A teacher with a tiny hidden face on her back left over from an undeveloped twin
4. A teacher pregnant with a dragon
5. A bald teacher whose head is so very reflective that it melts his students
6. A teacher with 4 snake heads (one being a cobra)
7. A really really old teacher in her underwear
8. A quiet teacher who is mocked and ridiculed by the students during the day, but who, at night, reveals it’s true hooded, long-eared, reptilian form, going from house to house of the misbehaved children, eating them
Oh ho ho ho kids
PROGRESS: first page of Bartkira is inked, colored, and finished! Now onto the next ones…
Hah, nice. Glad others are using Duffman-soldiers too!
so thats the function of a rubber duck
I saw this before I was in the spn fandom and I knew right then these were the people I wanted to dedicate my life to.